I've had a grapefruit tree for 3 years. I didn't buy it. Once when I was up in Woodstock, Georgia, I cut open a grapefruit. There was a grapefruit tree growing in the grapefruit. It was a little seedling that had sprouted. I was excited! I told people about it. Then I got a pot and Papa put dirt in the pot. We put the seed in the dirt. Then we watered it. After that we let it sit in the sun because plants need sun and water and shade and dirt. Once we finished planting the seedling, Papa and I ate the grapefruit. That was a couple of days before we left to go back home to Florida.We brought the potted grapefruit home. It is not the same pot because it got bigger and bigger and bigger and it needed to be in a bigger pot. I have watered it. Papa likes to see it when he comes down and when we take pictures of it. And now this is what it is like today.
 |
| Friday, July 13, 2012 |
Wow, Riley, I didn't know you were growing a grapefruit tree! I think grapefruit is one of my favorite fruits.
ReplyDelete